Monday, 27 August 2012

Why "Teaching, Learning, Growing?"

It has been a while since I last blogged, but I'm thankful that the NIE E-Portfolio initiative has given me the push I needed to start writing once more. 

Just wanted to pen down some goals that I have for this blog -- I hope that this blog will be a place where I process all that I am learning in my journey as a teacher. I fully believe that I can only grow into a better teacher if I consciously make an effort to reflect on my teaching practices, on the social changes I see around me, and on the education sector in general. Although I am only in my third week of NIE, I can already sense that my thoughts and opinions on teaching are maturing and deepening. So I hope that this blog will capture this journey that I foresee myself walking along, and I hope that in the years to come, I can look back on these posts and see that I have really grown as a teacher.

This is why I have titled this blog "Teaching, Learning, Growing". I do not want to stagnate as a teacher, or to be a teacher who has become complacent and blase about her teaching practices. Instead, I want to keep learning even as I teach. I want to learn how to connect with my students, how to teach effectively, how to set them on the path towards success and more. I also want to grow as a person, to be someone who is compassionate yet firm, and someone who can inspire my students to become better people.

May this be the start of a rewarding and meaningful journey as a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment